This week for blog hop I was supposed to cook from Deepali of Confusion Cook. She has a simple but beautiful space. I decided to bake her banana pound cake with some modifications. I had pumpkin at home. So I decided to replace pumpkin instead of banana.
Original recipe is here.
Sifted Cake flour - 1 3/4 cup [ See Note ]
Butter - 1/2 cup
Eggs - 2
Sugar - 1 cup
Pumpkin puree - 1 1/4 cup
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 3/4 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
Cinnamon powder/ Pumpkin Spice - 1/4 tsp
1. Sieve the dry ingredients thrice and keep it aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla extract and mix well.
3. Add one egg each at a time and beat well for 1 min.
4. Add 3 tbsp flour at a time and fold in.
5. Add pumpkin puree and stir well.
6. Grease a baking tray and bake at 180 deg C for 40 - 45 min. My oven took 40 min exactly.
7. Cool, Invert and serve.
1). Cake flour is:
Maida - 1 cup
Corn flour - 2 tbsp
Remove 2 tbsp maida and add cornflour 2 tbsp and sift it. This is cake flour.
2). To make pumpkin puree at home:
Remove seeds and skin of pumpkin. Cut into cubes,
Grind well in a mixie. Pumpkin puree is ready.
You can use this puree for halwa preparation too and no need to grate pumpkin.