Peanut chutney is my favorite and to my DH too. We will prepare this dish often in home.
Peanuts - 1/2 cup
Small onions - 2 cup
Red chillies - 2
Curry leaves - few
Jeera - 1 tsp
Coriander seeds/ powder - 1 1/2 tbsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Coconut - 1/2 cup [ optional] I don't use it.
1. Heat kadai, add onions and oil.
2. Saute till onions are well cooked.
3. Add red chillies and curry leaves and fry for 1 min.
4. Simmer the flame and add jeera. Saute for 30 sec.
5. Add coriander powder/ seeds and saute in simmer flame for 1 min.
6. Cool, add peanuts and coconut.
7. Grind in adding soaked tamarind and salt.
8. Serve with idly and rice.