Paruppu vada/ Lentil fritters is commonly prepared vada in kongunadu region. Here vada paruppu will be seen in stores and this is used for vada preparation. You can else use gram dhal.
Here comes the recipe:
Vada paruppu vada/ Gram dhal - 1 cup
Onion - 1 medium - chop very fine
Curry leaves - few - chop very fine
Coriander leaves - few - chop very fine
Grind to a fine paste:
Ginger - 2"
Cinnamon - 1"
Cloves - 2
Jeera - 1 tsp
Red chillies - 4
1. Wash, drain and soak vada paruppu/ gram dhal for 1 - 2 hrs.
2. Drain water fully and grind coarsely without adding any water.
3. Add the above paste to the grounded paste.
4. As well as add onions, curry leaves and coriander leaves. Check for salt and karam. If karam required, can add red chilli powder.
5. Make small balls and keep it aside.
6. Heat oil in a kadai. When hot, place the ball on the center of the hand and press it slightly with the other hand and drop it in oil.
7. Turn upside down in oil after it is cooked on one side and remove when golden brown.