This week my blog hop friend is Archana of Mad scientists Kitchen. She has a wonderful collection of recipes. From her recipes I choose Coconut Semolina Cake for blog hop. This recipe was unique and I didn’t came across such a combination of rava and coconut in a cake. This tempted me to try this recipe.
The cake was moist and looks mashy as rava is added. I took two slices of this cake which made my tummy full. Has coconut crunchiness in it.
Original recipe is here.
I made few alterations to the recipe.
Grated coconut – 2 cups
Rava – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Butter – ¾ cup
Maida – 2 tbsp
Egg – 3
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
Salt – a pinch
1. Grind coconut along with tender coconut water and cardamom powder and keep it aside.
2. Separate egg whites and egg yolks and beat them separately.
3. Add all the dry ingredients and mix well.
4. In a bowl, Cream butter and sugar.
5. Add egg yolks, grounded coconuts and mix well.
6. Add egg yolks followed by egg whites.
7. Add vanilla essence.
8. Add flour, baking powder, salt, maida and Rava.
9. Leave it for 6 – 7 hrs.
10. Grease the pan and pour this in oven.
11. Bake in oven @ 180 deg C for 45 min. My oven took 50 min.
12. Cool and then cut into slices.
Linking this cake to vardhini's Bake Fest.