My first friend in this blogosphere was Hyma of Flavors and me. She has a simple but wonderful space in her blog. I have bookmarked some of her recipes too. I proposed to bake her Butter Biscuits, as till now I didn't baked any biscuits or cookies. Wooow, the biscuits were very buttery aromatic in my kitchen.
If you are interested in joining Blog Hop Wednesdays here is how it works:
"The plot behind this attempt is to form groups and make pairs with a blogger who will be your partner for that particular week. This happens every alternate Wednesdays. You will then go through your partner’s blog, select, choose, cook, click and post the recipe in your blog on Wednesday and vice versa. The alternate week you will have a new partner. This way not only you tend to your blog at intervals but also learn some new recipes along the way and get to know a lot of bloggers and make friends."
Recipe is here.
Maida - 1 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup - powdered
Butter - 85 gms
Salt - a pinch
Nutmeg powder - a pinch
Cardamom Powder - a pinch
Almonds for topping
1. Soak the almonds in warm water for 10 min. Peel the skin and halve them.
2. Sieve the flour, nutmeg powder, cardamom powder and salt.
3. Beat the sugar and butter until it is light and creamy.
4. Add the flour. Mix slowly until they combine into a soft dough.
5. Make big balls of the dough and roll then on a floured board to desired thickness. If u roll it too thin, it would become very crispy.
6. Use cutters to cut them into desired shapes and place them on the greased cookie sheet.
7. Place the almonds on each biscuit.
8. Bake them at 180 deg C on the top rack for 12 min.
9. When the sides and corners start browning, remove them from oven and let them cool before removing from tray.
I want to try this again in wheat flour.
Linking this to Blog Hop Wednesdays at Tickling Palates.