I have tried banana cake before, but this has less butter. As bananas were overripe at home and this made me to bake this banana cake. I have bookmarked this recipe sometime long before. But something has lagged me. This time I really don't want to miss it and tried this cake. Woo ow, moist and delicious.
Recipe Source: Cooking and Me
I add some more sugar to the recipe.
Maida - 3/4 cup
Melted Butter - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1 cup
Egg - 1
Mashed banana - 3/4 cup
Buttermilk - 2 tbsp
Baking powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
1. Sieve dry ingredients and keep aside.
2. Stir in mashed banana and melted butter well. Use wooden spatula to stir the batter to yield best results.
3. Stir in sugar, buttermilk, egg and vanilla one by one.
4. Stir in sifted flour to the wet ingredients.
5. Transfer to a greased baking pan and bake at 180 deg C for 30 min.
6. Cool for 5 min. and invert.
Sending this to Vardhini's Bake fest: