Baby potato roast is a favorite recipe in our home. We used to prepare this often using either baby potatoes or normal big potatoes.
Baby potatoes - 1/2 kg
Fry in ghee/oil and grind to a powder coarsely:
Red chillies - 4
Coriander seeds - 2 tbsp
Gram Dhal - 2 tbsp
Hing - 1/2 tsp
Roasted peanuts/ grated Coconut - 2 tbsp (add at last and switch it off). [optional]
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 4 tbsp
1. Boil potatoes with salt. Cook potatoes such that they should be boiled well, firm and not soft.
2. Peel the skin and prick each potatoes with fork.
3. Heat oil in a kadai and temper.
4. Add potatoes, haldi and required powder and simmer the flame.
5. Saute till potatoes are crisp and brown on the top.
6. Serve with curd rice, Sambhar rice, Rotis..