In kongunadu, only ragi roti is eaten by most. So i planned to add oats to add more nutrients to the roti. It is healthy too as it is given here to post delivered women for milk as well as for weight reduction.
Here comes the recipe:
Ragi flour/ Finger millet flour - 2 cup
Oats - 1 cup ( powder it )
Onion - 2 medium - chop fine
Carrots - 2 medium - grate it
Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - few - chop fine
Coriander leaves - few - chop fine
1. Mi all these to form a not stiff but not soft dough using water.
2. Heat a tava, sprinkle some oil, spread it and lower the flame.
3. Take a medium ball and place in the hot tava and spread as a thin roti.
4. Apply oil on both sides and cook.
5. Serve with coconut chutney or raitha or else it can be eaten without any side dish.
1. You can add green chillies instead of red chilli powder.
2. You can also add grated cucumber.