I came across this potato-rice-pulao from Vardhini blog. I wondered how can a rice be done with potatoes. Really superb and quick jiffy rice and delicious too. Thanks Vardhini for this delicious rice.
I cooked it as a one pot meal. Here comes the recipe. I didn't made any alterations to the recipe.
Basmati rice - 1 1/2 cups
Oil - 1 tbsp
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon - 1"
Onion - 2 medium - chop fine
Green chillies - 4 - slit into 2
Ginger - 1/2" piece or 1 tsp ginger paste
Potatoes - 2 large - sliced fine
Cilantro - 1 bunch - cleaned and chopped
1. Wash and drain rice. Soak rice in water for about 20 min.
2. Heat Oil in a pressure cooker and temper with cloves and cinnamon.
3. Add onions and green chillies followed by chopped ginger. Saute until onions are pinkish.
4. Next add the potatoes and salt.Saute well for 2 min.
5. Add the key ingredient which is the coriander leaves and mix well.
6. Add rice and required amount of water.
7. Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
8. Cool, open and then serve.
Vardhini has told that it can be done with eggplant. Want to try with eggplant and post it here.