Lemon rice is remembered by all during the tamil month "purattasi" as this rice is common in perumal temple.
Also this rice is called as "kattu sadam" in kongunadu areas.
Here is the recipe for lemon rice.
Rice - 1 cup
Water - 3 cups
Onion - 2 big - chop fine
Red chillies - 4
Curry leaves - few
Lemon - 1
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dhal - 2 tsp ( i use more ured since i like this crunchiness in the dish)
Gram dhal - 1/2 tsp
1. Wash, drain and soak rice in 3 cups water for 20 min.
2. Transfer this rice into a pressure cook and cook it for 2 whistles. The rice must be soft and firm but not mushy.
3. Heat kadai, add oil and temper with the given ingredients.
4. Meanwhile take juice from lemon.
5. When onions are translucent, add turmeric powder and salt. Lower the flame.
6. Add lemon rice, fry for half a minute and switch off the flame.
7. Add rice and mi well.
1). Can add peanuts at the time of serving. It adds a great taste to rice.