This curd chutney ( dont know how to name this dish as this is called in kongunadu as "thayir thalichadhu") is a popular dish in kongunadu area.
The people here will do this when there is excess of curd in their home. Lets go to the recipe now.
Curd - 2 cups
Onion - 2 medium - chop fine
Green chillies - 4 - slit into 2
Curry leaves - few
Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Gram dhal - 1/2 tsp
Urad dhal - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves - few
1. In a bowl, whisk curds and required amount of salt. Keep it aside.
2. Heat kadai and temper with the given ingredients.
3. Add onions, green chillies and curry leaves. Stir it till onions are transparent.
4. Remove from the flame and allow it to cool.
5. Add this mixture to the whisked curds.
6. Garnish and serve with idlis, dosas along with coconut chutney.
1. Always cool the onion mixture before adding it to the curds, otherwise it will curdle.
2. This chutney along with coconut chutney gives a best combination for idlis and dosas.
3. Don't add water to chutney. If curd has water in it, remove it and add salt.
Before i take the photo, my hubby had finished half of it. So the bowl has only little one.