One day i baked fruit cake. In that recipe, we caramelize sugar. That idea make me to try this semiya payasam.
Semiya - 1 cup - roasted
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Milk - 2 cups
Chopped nuts, raisins - few
Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
Ghee - 2 tbsp
Sugar - 1 tsp
Water - 1/4 cup
1. Heat kadai and add sugar. Sugar will start to turn browning i.e., caramelizing. Simmer the flame and add water. Remove as soon as possible.
2. Cool it.
3. In another kadai, add milk and bring it to nearly 1 1/4 cups.
4. Add semiya and make it to boil.
5. Add sugar, cardamom powder and caramelized sugar.
6. Now fry all the nuts in ghee and add it to the payasam.
7. Serve hot or cold.