This poriyal is common in kongunadu houses. Fresh and small brinjals give a nice taste and aroma.
Brinjal - 1/4 kg
Potato - 1/4 kg
Grated Coconut - 1/3 cup
Sambhar powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dhal - 1/2 tsp
Gram dhal - 1/4 tsp
Small Onion - 10 no. - cut into small pieces lengthwise
Red chillies - 3 - split into 2
Curry leaves - few
1. Cut brinjals lengthwise and put them in water so that the color of the brinjals doesn't change.
2. Cut the potatoes into cubes and add them also in water.
3. Heat oil and temper the given ingredients.
4. Add the cut veggies.
5. Add sambhar powder, turmeric powder and salt and mi well.
6. Add some water, simmer to medium flame and close the pan till they cook stirring in between once.
7. Once cooked, add grated coconut and mi well.
8. Serve with any Arisimparuppu sadam ( a famous kongunadu rice item), plain rice, curd rice.