In kongunadu, instead of gram dhal they will use vada paruppu that will be available here in this area. It will give a great taste than gram dhal.
Valaipoo - 1
Gram dhal - 1 cup
Small onions - 1/2 cup
Green chillies - 2
Curry leaves - few
Coriander leaves - few
Ginger - 1"
Red chillies - 2
Jeera - 1 tsp
Oil - to fry
1. Remove stem from valaipoo and cut it into small pieces.
2. Soak gram dhal for an hour and grind coarsely along with jeera, ginger, red chillies and salt.
3. Cut onions, green chillies, curry leaves nad corinader leaves into small ones and mix along with the ground paste.
4. Make balls. Mean while heat oil in a pan for deep frying.
5.Place the balls in the center of your hand and press it slightly and drop in hot oil.
6. Leave it to raise and don't disturb for 1 min.
7. Remove vada's when it turns golden brown and serve.