No maida is used in this cake and this made me to bake this cake. The result was really wonderful and great. Cake was moist and fluffy.
Don't roast the rava/Sooji as it will not absorb moisture after roasting. You can add elaichi powder too.
Fine Sooji/Rava - 1 cup
Mashed banana - 1 cup
Oil - 1/4 cup
Water - 1/4 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
1. If Sooji/Rava is not fine, grind it in mixie.
2. Add water and mix it sooji/Rava so that no lumps are formed.
3. I mashed the banana with baking powder and baking soda and I get a fluffy mixture.
4. Add oil and mix with banana well.
5. Add the Sooji/rava and mix well.
6. Rest it for 10 - 15 min so that Sooji will be soaked.
7. Bake it in preheated oven at 180 deg C for 30 - 35 min.
8. Remove when the cake is browned at top. Or else cake will become hard.
9. Cool and then serve.