Wednesday, January 05, 2011
Green gram Dhal Sambhar/ Pasipayiru kuzhambhu
This is the picture of pasipayiru/ Green gram:
Here comes the recipe for kuzhambhu.
Green gram - 1 cup
Tomatoes - 1
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Garlic - 10 flakes
Sambar onions - 1/2 cup - chop it
Green chillies - 3 - slit into two
Curry leaves - few
Jeera - 1 tsp - crush it by placing in the palm of one hand and press it using the other hand to get a better flavor.
Dhaniya seeds - 2 tsp - do as such above
1. Wash and cook green gram in a mud pot adding water and garlic,tomatoes to it.
2. Add turmeric powder and salt and keep it aside.
3. In a kadai, heat oil and temper with the given ingredients.
4. Add crushed jeera and dhaniya seeds.
5. Remove and add it to the cooked gram dhal.
6. Keep this on low flame for 5 min and switch off the flame.
7. Using a blender/ "paruppu mathu" blend them well so that it mashes nicely. This is the image for "Paruppu mathu". This is the one used for blending all sambhars, masiyal/gotsu here in kongu people's kitchen. Here they will say as " kadanjathu" when they use this "mathu".
8. Serve with rice, Chapathis and idlis.
Before blending well with " paruppu mathu".
After blending well: