Today I made a jiffy carrot rice for my DH in 30 min. So I thought of sharing with you all the jiffy dish.
Here comes the recipe:
Basmathi Rice - 1 cup
Grated carrot - 1 - 1 1/2 cups
Onion - 1 sliced thin
Red chillies - 4
Curry leaves - few
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Cumin/Jeera - 2 tsp ( or else you can use powdered jeera)
1. Wash and soak basmathi rice for 20 min.
2. Heat a pressure cooker and temper with the given ingredients.
3. Add onions and fry till golden brown.
4. Add red chillies and curry leaves.
5. Add garam masala and fry till raw smell goes.
6. Add rice and water( for basmathi rice add water in the ratio 1:1 1/2). ( for ordinary rice 1:2).
7. Add salt
8. As it boils, Close the cooker and keep weight.
9. At once, simmer the flame and cook for 15 - 20 min.
10. Serve with any salad.