Since long back I am in search of cupcake recipes. Yesterday I got this recipe from Joy of Baking. As soon as i get it, I collected the ingredients and baked it today. Woow.. The cake was tasty and yummy. My kid loved it a lot.
Recipe Source: Joy of Baking
Maida - 1 1/2 cup ( The Original Recipe has All purpose Flour. As I didn't have with me, I substituted Maida ).
Butter -1/2 cup
Eggs - 3
Sugar - 2/3 cup
Milk - 1/4 cup
Baking Powder - 1 1/2 tsp
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Lemon Zest - 1/2 tsp ( I used Orange Zest)
Salt - 1/4 tsp
1. Sieve in the dry ingredients.
2. Beat butter and sugar until creamy and smooth.
3. Add eggs one by one and beat well.
4. Add Vanilla essence, Lemon zest and beat for 1 min.
5. Now add dry ingredients with wet mixture alternating with milk. Mix well for 2 min.
6. Bake at 180 deg C for 18 - 20 min or until the cake tip is browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes clean.
7. Cool and Serve.
Makes about 12 cupcakes.