This rice is common in all kongunadu kitchens. Either the will cook like this way or else they will separately cook the tomaotes and rice and will mix the two.
Basmathi rice - 1 cup
Tomato - 3 large - chop fine.
Onions - 2 small - chop lengthwise
Green chillies - 3
Ginger garlic paste - 2 tbsp
Garam masala - 1 tsp
Coconut milk - 1/2 cup(optional) if not available substitute with water.
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Bay leaf - 1
Star anise - 1
1. Wash and soak rice in 1 1/2 cup water or in the ratio of 1:1/2 of water and coconut milk for 20 min.
2. Heat a pressure pan and temper with the given ingredients.
3. Add onions and fry till golden brown.
4. Add green chillies and fry.
5. Add ginger garlic paste, garam masala and fry till raw smell goes off.
6. Add tomatoes and cook until mushy.
7. Add rice.
8. Add turmeric powder and salt.
9. When boils close the cooker and keep weight.
10. At once, simmer the flame and cook for 15 minutes.
11. Cool, Open and then serve.