Tamarind - lemon size
Tomato - 1
Dhal water - 1 cup
Dry roast and grind:
Tuvar dhal - 1 tsp
Red chilli - 1
Dhaniya - 1 tsp
Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Red Chilli - 1
Coriander leaves - few.
1. Mash/ Cut tomatoes.
2. Mix water with tamarind and drain the puree and take about 1 cups.
3. In a kadai, boil tamarind water along with tomatoes for 2 minutes.
4. Add dhal water, grounded powder, salt.
5. When it is about to froth, remove.
6. Temper and garnish with coriander leaves.
a). You can roast with oil/ ghee and then powder. It gives some different taste.
b). I used Moong dhal water to this rasam.