This recipe is a special south Indian spicy gravy.
I got this recipe from my neighbour. Very very superb recipe.
Can try it out with sundaikkai vathal too.
Manathakkali vathal - 3/4 cup
Tamarind - big lemon size
Sambhar powder - 2 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Gingelly oil - 3 tbsp
Tomatoes - 2 medium
Garlic - 1 full piece
Small onion - 1 cup
Red chillies - 2
Curry leaves - few
1. Soak tamarind in water and squeeze out the pulp.
2. Wash vathal in water.
3. Heat oil in a kadai, add vathal and fry in a slow flame.
4. Remove vathal from oil and transfer to a plate.
5. Temper with the given ingredients.
6. Add grounded tomato and garlic and fry for 1 min.
7. Add tamarind pulp, salt, turmeric powder and sambhar powder and cook it covered till raw smell goes off.
8. Add fried vathal and simmer the flame.
9. Cook until oil separates from the kuzhambhu.
10. Serve with appalam, papad...