This chutney is a special dish in kongunadu places and it is very common here in all kitchens.
Small onion - 1 cup
Red chillies - 2
Curry leaves - few
Jeera - 1/2 tsp
Dhaniya seeds/ Powder - 2 tbsp
Manathakkali leaves - 2 to 3 cups
Oil - 1 tbsp
Tamarind - small lemon size
1. In a kadai, add manathakkali leaves and fry in a slow flame. When all the water evaporates from the leaves, add 1/2 tsp oil at the end and cook it for 2 min.
2. Remove from fire and keep it aside.
3. In the same kadai, add small onions, red chillies and curry leaves and oil 1 tbsp and fry till the onion boils well in slow flame.
4. When onion boiled, add jeera nd coriander powder and cook it in low flame for 2 min.
5. Cool it and add tamarind, salt along with this and grind to a fine paste.
6. Goes well with rice, ghee rice..