Basmati rice - 1 cup
Coconut - 3/4 cup
Ghee - 3 tbsp
Bay leaf - 1
Cinnamon - 1"
Cloves - 4
Cardamom - 2
Onions - 1 big - chop it fine lengthwise
Green Chillies - 5,6 - slit into 2
Curry leaves - few
Ginger - 1" - cut into julieness
Garlic - 10 pieces - chop fine
Tomato - 1 chop fine
1. Wash and soak rice for 15 min. Drain water and keep it aside.
2. Add warm water to coconut and take 2 cups of milk. (if you dont get 2 cups, make it 2 cups by adding plain water to it).
3. In a pressure pan, heat ghee and temper the given ingredients.
4. Add onions, green chillies, curry leaves, ginger, garlic and finally tomato one by one and stir fry each till raw smell goes.
5. Now add rice and fry it for few min.
6. Add coconut milk and salt.
7. When boils, i.e., when bubbles arise, close the cooker and keep weight.
8. Lower the flame at once and cook for 10 min.
9. Cool and open.
10. Serve with any thogayal/ non veg kurma.