Coconut milk Pulao is a high calorie pulao and it can be given to kids as it has no cholesterol and it contains high saturated fat.
Source: calories in coconut milk
Basmathi rice - 1 cup
Coconut milk - 1 cup
Pudhina leaves - handful (optional)
Water - 1/2 cup
Ghee - 2 tbsp ( I used oil)
Bay leaf - 1
Star anise - 1
Cardamom - 1
Onion - 2 small - chop fine lengthwise
Green chillies - 3
Curry leaves - few
Garlic - 10 flakes - chop fine
Ginger - 1" - chop fine
1. Take coconut milk and water in the ratio 1: 1/2 for 1 cup rice.
2. Wash and soak basmathi rice in the above mixture.
3. In a pressure cooker, Heat ghee and temper with the given ingredients in the order of bay leaf, star anise, cardamom, onion, green chillies, garlic and ginger. Fry each one of these and add one by one to fry.
4. Add rice along with the coconut milk mixture.
5. Add salt.
6. Close the cooker and keep weight.
7. At once, lower the flame and cook for 10 minutes.
8. Cool, open and then serve.