Raw rice - 1 1/2 cup
Gram flour - 1/2 cup
Ginger - an inch chopped fine
Coriander leaves - few
Hing - 2 tsp
Mustard - 2 tsp
Urad dhal - 2 tsp
Gram dhal - 2 tsp
Red chillies - 1
Curry leaves - few
1. Wash rice and spread it in a cotton cloth so that all the water absorbs in the cloth.
2. Grind rice like a rava in a mixie and with it mix gram flour throughly.
3. Heat oil and temper the given ingredients.
4. Add 2 1/2 cups of water, salt and allow it to boil.
5. Now add coriander leaves, ginger and hing.
6. Add rava and mix it thoroughly.
7. Keep the stove in a slow flame for 25 - 30 minutes and close with a lid.
8. Serve with rasam and coconut chutney.