Saturday, January 30, 2010
Paneer butter masala
Onion paste - 1 cup
Tomato paste - 1 cup
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Dhaniya powder - 2 tsp
Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
Fresh cream - 1/4 cup(if required)
Salt - to taste
Oil, Ghee - each 1 tbsp
Paneer - 200 gms ( cut into small squares)
Cardamom - 2
Cinnamon - 1"
Jeera - 2 tsp
Cloves - 5
Add bay leaf if required.
1. Heat oil and ghee in a kadai and temper the given ingredients.
2. Add onion paste and fry till raw smell goes off.
3. Add ginger garlic paste and fry.
4. Add tomato puree and fry.
5. Now add all powders, salt and add water and allow it to boil.
6. When all the raw smell goes, add paneer cubes and simmer the stove.
7. When oil floats on the top, add fresh cream and allow it to boil for a few minutes.
8. Remove and serve with naan, roumali roti, chapathi..